These are all the MegaMod specific options in the game. They range from cosmetic changes to cheats and even to alternate storylines. All of these options have a CLI trigger as well. Run the app with -? for more info.
- Melee Zoom (Android Only)
- For Android the Melee Zoom option has been 'enhanced' to allow the user to choose which melee scaler to improve game speed. The choices are between Step, Nearest, Bilinear, and Trilinear. The lowest option is a step zoom and will be the fastest on all devices. The 'Nearest' scaler will be the fastest for Smooth Scaling melee. Your mileage may vary depending on your device.
- Screen Transitions
- This option allows the user to switch between instant transitions and crossfaded transitions. Instant is the method used in the original PC version of SC2. While Crossfade is what is used in the 3DO version of SC2. There is no performance difference between the two.
- Lander Hold Size
- This option lets you choose between the PC and 3DO version of the Lander's basic cargo capacity. For PC the base cargo was 64 units. For 3DO it was 50 units.
- Solar System Planet Style New!
- This option allows the user to choose between either PC or 3DO styled planets for interplanetary view. PC planets seem to have more contrast and color than the 3DO planets. Only works when Textured Planets is disabled.
- Solar System Star Background New!
- This option lets you choose between PC, 3DO, or UQM star backgrounds in interplanetary. Superceded by Custom Seed.
- Planet Scan Progress Style New!
- Choose between PC style static scan where nodes* pop up seemingly at random or 3DO style which sweeps down the planet map revealing nodes in order. (*Nodes are minerals, bios, and energy)
- Planet Scan Sphere Overlay New!
- Choose to have the spinning sphere shown during scan to be colored or plain.
- Oscilloscope Style New!
- Choose between PC or 3DO oscilloscope display during conversations
- Lander View Style New!
- Choose between PC or 3DO lander views. For PC the lander viewport is at the bottom-right of the screen with the lander details to the left of the planet map. For 3DO the lander viewport is above the planet map with the lander details at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Show Nebulae
- When enabled will show nebulae in interplanetary.
- Orbiting Planets
- Planets will orbit their respective star and moons will orbit their respective planet.
- Textured Planets
- Shows textured planets in interplanetary.
- Hazard Colors
- Enables/disables colored text for planet hazards based on severity.
- Date Format
Has four options which changes the way the date is displayed.
- Original: MMM DD.YYYY (FEB 17.2155)
- MM.DD.YYYY (02.17.2155)
- DD MMM.YYYY (17 FEB.2155)
- DD.MM.YYYY (17.02.2155)
- Custom Border
- Enables a custom UI overlay based on Clay's "sc2redo" mock-up.
- Show Whole Fuel Value
- When enabled shows you the full fuel value in decimal format.
- Show Sol Fuel Range
- Enables the 'point of no return' fuel circle on the Starmap.
- NPC Ship Orientation
- Turn on/off whether NPC ships face their direction of travel.
- Alternate Orz Font
- Enables the use of a secondary font for the Orz subtitles when the computer has difficulties translating.
- Non-Stop Oscilloscope New!
- Enable the conversation oscilloscope to switch to music when nobody is talking (When speech is enabled).
- Animated HyperSpace Stars New!
- HD-only: Enables the legacy HD-mod animated HyperSpace stars. When disabled it switches to recreated faithful designs of the originals.
- Planet Map Textures New!
- Switch between 3DO or UQM planet textures and node locations (minerals and bios). Added bonus when set to 3DO is that the node locations are identical to the PC version as well. Option superceded by Custom Seed.
- Flagship Engine Color New!
- Switch between the Green (PC) variant or Red (3DO) variant engined Flagship.
- Volasaurus' Remixes
- Toggles on or off remixes made by Volasaurus. Only applicable if you have Volasaurus' Remix or Space Music package installed.
- Interplanetary Alien Ambience
- This option can turn on or off music that plays when inside the Sphere of Influence (while in a solar system) of an alien race.
- Control Display
- Change the on-screen control display between Keyboard, Xbox, or Playstation 4 controls. Make sure that when you choose Xbox or PS4 display to change the Bottom Player layout accordingly.
- Toggles between Normal, Easy, and Hard difficulties while the 4th option lets you pick a difficulty every New Game. Hard Difficulty should not be played by beginners.
- Extended Lore
- Enables extra lore provided by 0xDEC0DE's UQM-Extended mod plus a whole slew of extra content provided by Kruzen, Tarp, Murus, and Myself.
- Nomad Mode
- Enables a survival version of the gameplay where you do not have access to the Earth Starbase.
- Custom Seed
- A text input option that allows you to change the universe seed. Changing the seed generates new star patterns, planet order, planet type, and number of planets where applicable, moon type, number of moons, and Quasispace portal exits. Planets and moons included in 'spoken' lore do not change order but can be different types that are similar to their original type.
- Skip Intro
- Skips the Logo (if the Extra Cutscene option is active) and the Intro
- Partial Mineral Pickup
- Allows you to pick up minerals partially if the mineral is bigger than the remaining size of your lander hold. Leaving the rest of the mineral on the surface for you to pick up later.
- Game Over Cutscenes
- When enabled shows cinematic slide shows for various game over scenarios.
- In-Game Help Menus
- Shows mineral values while using the lander and shows star map keys while looking at the star map.
- Smart Auto-Pilot New!
- Enables Auto-Pilot to find the shortest distance outside of the current solar system.
- Show Visited Stars New!
- When enabled stars that you have visited will be dimmed and their names will be encapsulated by parenthesis.
- Kohr Stahp
- The Kohr-Ah will be frozen on the spot and will not move forward with the cleansing. This cheat literally stops the Kohr-Ah in their tracks when activated.
- Kohr-Ah DeCleansing New!
- When enabled this option pushes the Death March 100 years into the future. Does not work if the Death March is in progress, use Kohr-Stahp or Time Dilation as an alternative.
- Precursor Mode
Choose between "Only Human", Anhur, Horus, and Sekhmet.
Anhur grants you infinite ship battery against non-Human opponents.
Horus grants you invulnerability against non-Human opponents.
Sekhmet grants you the abilities of both Anhur and Horus.
While as Horus or Sekhmet you will be blessed with the following:
- Orz marines do not harm you
- Syreen song does not affect you
- Melnorme confusion ray does not affect you
- VUX limpets do nothing
- The Shofixti Glory Device leaves not a scratch
- Infinite ranks of Orz Marines
- Infinite ranks of Ur-Quan fightersThis cheat only works against computer controlled opponents.
- Time Dilation
Slows down or speeds up the game clock depending on the option selected
- 0 = Normal game clock | IP = 30 seconds | HS = 5 seconds
- 1 = Slow game clock | IP = 3 minutes | HS = 30 seconds
- 2 = Fast game clock | IP = 5 seconds | HS = 1 second
- Bubble Warp
- Instantaneous travel to any point on the starmap. Uses up fuel.
- Head Start
- Gives you one radioactive, the Moon base in your devices, and Fwiffo in your fleet to start the game quickly.
- Unlock Ships
- While enabled this option gives you the ability to build any ship in the ShipYard.
- Unlock Upgrades
- Unlocks all of the Melnorme tech upgrades.
- Infinite RU
- Give you virtually infinite R.U. while the cheat is active. Does not persist through game saves.
- Infinite Fuel
- Does what it says on the tin. Fuel is no object, you'll have an infinity symbol where the fuel counter is. If you try to save the game with the cheat enabled it will save with the amount of fuel you had from the loaded save and if you save from a new game it will save with only 10 units of fuel.
- Add All Devices
- Self-explanatory. Give you all the devices.
- No HyperSpace Encounters New!
- When enabled you will encounter nobody in HyperSpace.
- No Melee Obstacles New!
- When enabled this option removes the planet and asteroids in Super Melee. Local play only.
This is only a partial changelog pointing out the more meaty changes. For a full list check out the changelog file on Github
- - HD: Created new, faithful UI fonts
- - HD: Created new HD Vanilla border overlay
- - HD: Faithfully recreated HyperSpace stars
- - HD: Brand new Flagship designed off the vanilla version created by Jordan Lo
- - HD: Brand new set of Flagship modules designed off the vanilla versions created by Jordan Lo
- - HD: Added an attribution file for the various art I've used from the internet to the HD content folder
- - If the Captain and/or Flagship names are left blank at game start then the default names are used.
- - New, 6th Orbit theme, made by Volasaurus for his complete remix pack
- - Added an option to pick between PC-DOS, 3DO, and Vanilla UQM styled star backgrounds. Superceded by Custom Seed
- - Gave the Kohr-Ah a new bottom-eye animation - HD version by Serosis and SD version by Kruzen
- - Added PC-DOS style lander mechanics with the help of Kruzen
- - Added option to switch between PC or 3DO comm oscilloscope
- - Added ability to use star search to enter direct HyperSpace coordinates
- - Speed up lander reports by holding the "right" menu key
- - Added option to swap between Green/Red engined variants of the Flagship.
- - Added option to swap between 3DO and vanilla UQM planet textures. Superceded by Custom Seed
- - Add ability to sell your remaining credits to the Melnorme for fuel.
- - Added a "Known Homeworlds" map that shows a reticule over alien homeworlds as you learn of them.
- - Added option to enable Auto-Pilot to find the shortest route out of the solar system
- - Added option to show visited stars by dimming them on the starmap and surrounding the star name in parenthesis.
- - Fly right through allies when Auto-Pilot is enabled.
- - Added support for displaying PC-DOS styled planets while traversing solar systems - by Kruzen
- - Added the leading edge to the 3DO planet scan mimicking the original 3DO scan - by Kruzen
- - Option to have the planet scan also color the spinning planet a la the PC-DOS version - by Kruzen
- - Added option for PC-DOS scan style (static color while minerals are revealed) - by Kruzen
- - Recreated the PC-DOS style flashing cursor for text input - by Kruzen
- - Recreated the PC-DOS style flashing purple box for various selection UI - by Kruzen
- - Added "Non-Stop Oscilloscope" ability where, if speech is enabled, the Oscilloscope will switch over to music for its data when nobody is talking - by Kruzen
- - Remove ships from system if Kohr-Ah destroyed corresponding race - by Kruzen
- - Draw constellation map in-engine - by Kruzen
- - Added the full Syreen "sex scene" from the PC-DOS version - by Kruzen
- - Added option and graphics for picking a difficulty when starting a new game - by Kruzen
- - Added an animation for selling Rainbow Worlds to the Melnorme - by Kruzen
- - DOS-style, text-only, "sell minerals" Commander dialog when not using voices - by Kruzen
- - Full reimplementation of the "read speed" DOS option when not using voices - by Kruzen
- - Completely overhauled the HD UI to be at a proper 4x scale of the original
- - Scaled the outer border of the viewport to match PC-DOS
- - HD: Created a new set of mineral, bio, and energy icons
- - HD: Rescaled all the alien conversation screens (Thanks to Damon Czanik for allowing access to his original files!)
- - HD: Remastered the Commander's conversation screen
- - HD: Slight remaster to the Arilou, Chmmr, Ilwrath, Kohr-Ah, Orz, Safe Ones, Slylandro (Gas Bag), Supox, and Ur-Quan conversation screens
- - HD: Created a new in-game Sa-Matra using the HD ending slides
- - HD: Rescaled ship captains images to the new UI scale (Thanks to Kwayne for offering up his original files!)
- - HD: Created a new set of 3DO Menu tiles
- - HD: New, brighter background stars to match Vanilla
- - HD: Proper thick borders around stylized text in slides and convos - Thanks to Elestan
- - HD: Auto-pilot line on the starmap is now a dotted line with a reticule at the end showing your destination
- - HD: New Orz Marines art - by Volasaurus
- - HD: New Chenjesu Shard weapon art - by Kruzen
- - Reconfigured the War Era StarMap to be more faithful against the official paper StarMap
- - HD: New Orz Marines art - by Volasaurus
- - Refined joypad controls are disabled in SDL1 builds
- - Use the "special" key to double cursor speed on the StarMap
- - Change planet spin speed on scan screen depending on scan style chosen. - by Kruzen
- - Full Setup Menu redesign, options grouped together with indicators and menus can now scroll up and down. - by Kruzen
- - New shielded planet graphics that are shaded properly for where they are in their orbit. - by Kruzen
- - HD: Fixed Commander Zex's screen going all funky when fading to black
- - HD: Fixed the font padding for all HD fonts to match a 4x scale with Vanilla
- - HD: Fixed player response text being too long to fit the viewport
- - HD: Fixed conversation summary overflow "MORE" text being too high up
- - HD: Fixed Ur-Quan Dreadnought erroneous sprite facing while arena is zooming in
- - HD: Scaled the melee explosion animation properly
- - HD: Fully fixed the oscilloscope data so that it doesn't draw 4 repeated waveforms
- - HD: Starmap code is now scaled properly removing the need for HD cursor snap
- - HD: Fixed the Starmap grid so that it draws properly - by Kruzen
- - HD: Remove red outline of defeated ships on the debris screen - by Kruzen
- - Fixed suicide Game Over screen having illegible text
- - Fixed Vela IV having moons with the default seed
- - Fixed Beta Herculis and Algol having empty star systems when Extended Lore is disabled
- - Fixed a bug that showed "Trade HQ" as the planet name for various plot-related planets
- - Custom Seed: Fixed planet generation so that the Taalo shield is always obtainable no matter the custom seed
- - Fixed Unlock All Ships cheat from affecting current alliances
- - Fixed SOI based space music when only Vol's complete remix is installed
- - Custom Seed: Fixed instances where entering a solar system would put the game in an endless loop
- - Fix Flagship speed doubling when going from Save/Load screen straight to navigation
- - Remove all alliances that have a broken alliance value during load (Fix for buggy Unlock All Ships cheat in v0.8.0.85)
- - Fixed Orz talking over the initial computer report subtitles - by Kruzen
- - Fixed subtitles redrawing while Melnorme color is changing - by Kruzen
- - Fixed planet spin lag when traversing menus, scanning, selecting landing spot, and dispatching/retrieving your lander - by Kruzen
- - Limit the amount of crew one can buy, in total, to 2000 and lock the player out of buying crew until they revive the Shofixti New!
- - Added harder encounters at the Chmmr homeworld, Sun Device, Aqua Helix, Ur-Quan wreck, and Syreen vault - by Kruzen New!
- - Druuge sell the Rosy Sphere on second deal - by Kruzen New!
- - No help before the final battle if the Pkunk are absorbed before triggering the Yehat rebellion - by Kruzen New!
- - Make the Sa-Matra battle more difficult - by Kruzen New!
- - Cut reinforcements in half where applicable - by Kruzen New!
- - Allow VUX to warp in close in Melee for the main game
- - The Kohr-Ah Death March happens one year earlier
- - Melnorme tech will increase in price as you buy more
- - The natural QuasiSpace portal is delayed by one year>
- - Remove Quasi portal randomizing
- - All Spathi escorts flee when they slave shield themselves
- - Starting crew is 31 to account for the epilogue story
- - Amount of Thraddash to defeat is 35 to become allied
- - Crew Cost is minimally reduced when the Shofixti are revived
- - Slylandro Probes dodge projectiles
- - Mineral worth for Exotics is brought down to 16
- - Slylandro Probes will orbit Rainbow Worlds, their numbers increase if left unchecked and will eventually vanish once you complete their quest
- - When using a custom seed the seed will be randomized on New Game
- - Rainbow World credit value cut in half
- - Weapon slots 2 & 3 take double energy
- - Auto tracking costs double energy
- - Evil Ones are now more dangerous. They move and seek the player out, as well as having 5 HP
- - Melnorme tech catalog spread out between the 9 Supergiants (No tech upgrades in Hyperspace)
- - Melnorme fuel cost upped to 10 credits per unit
- - Portal Spawner costs 20 whole units of fuel
- - Reduced viability of the Druuge/Melnorme fuel exploit
- - Selling more than 10 crew to the Druuge guarantees a price hike in crew cost and the immediate disapproval of the Commander
- - If player kills Tanaka they do not get a second chance with Katana
- - Can only build two of any ship at a time
- - Tanaka's Scout has full maneuvreability and main weapon system (Bomb still disabled)
- - The Kohr-Ah Death March is delayed by two years
- - Double mineral worth
- - Fwiffo starts with a full crew compliment
- - Amount of Thraddash to defeat is 15 to become allied
- - Tune down the battle difficulty to Weak Cyborg
- - Start with two landers
- - Rainbow World credit value doubled
- - Add a couple more fusion thrusters and turning jets for new game
- - Keep the Emergency Escape Warp Unit enabled after Chmmr Bomb installation
- - Portal Spawner costs 5 whole units of fuel
- - Player starts with 43.38 units of fuel (The difference between a full tank and the amount of fuel it takes to travel from Vela to Sol)
- - Player starts with an extra 2500 R.U.
- - Limit to the amount of crew to sell to the Druuge before crew cost hike is 200
- - Commander will tell you about the Melnorme and ZFP earlier than usual
- - Zex's Beast ferocity toned down
- - Show gas giant type on the scan screen (I.E. Blue Gas Giant) New!
- - Charon, the moon of Pluto, is now explorable New!
- - Charon also generates previously unused element "Charon Dust" New!
- - Unzervalt now has a single moon as per the intro artwork New!
- - Added the ability to fill Syreen crew to max in the Shipyard New!
- - Added the ability to tell the Ilwrath to GTFO of any star system in their SOI via Hyperwave Broadcaster a maximum of 5 times before they wise-up and attack you. New!
- - Make Beta Arae (933.3:093.7) an Orange Super Giant (Because there are no Orange Super Giants) New!
- - Start a new game with only 31 crew as per the Epilogue story New!
- - Gave the Chmmr and Syreen ruined planets and StarBases when "cleansed" New!
- - Moved around and added some dead Zoq-Fot-Pik colonies New!
- Beta Tucanae (393.7 : 562.5)
- Gamma Cassiopeiae (367.9 : 506.9)
- Beta Cassiopeiae (377.0 : 525.0)
- Beta Carinae (341.6 : 543.7)
- - Moved the "dead" slave-shielded world and starbase from Beta Ophiuchi I to Gamma Ophiuchi I (033.3 : 891.6) New!
- - Show Sa-Matra in background during penultimate battle - by Kruzen New!
- - Enable Sa-Matra sound effects - by Kruzen New!
- - New Androsynth excavation site on Alpha Lalande 1. Idea, art, and lander report - by Kruzen New!
- - New Precursor artifact on Alpha Apodis 4. Idea, art, and lander report - by Kruzen New!
- - "Pop" Beta Ophiuchi's slave shield on Arilou destruction - by Kruzen New!
- - "Pop" Spathiwa's slave shield and generate 3-4 ruins on Orz destruction - by Kruzen New!
- - Set Zex's Beauty free upon the planet after it devours Zex - idea and lander report by Tarp New!
- - New reports for the Syreen and Chmmr when they are cleansed by the Kohr-Ah - by Tarp New!
- - The Melnorme will now disappear once the Death March starts
- - The Kohr-Ah will now respond to HyperSpace broadcasts during their Death March
- - Show the Sa-Matra as a planet on the penultimate battle screen
- - Use the Sa-Matra as a planet for the penultimate battle
- - Talk to Kohr-Ah when at the Sa-Matra during Death March
- - Allies will not chase you if you get close to their ships
- - Added an unused dialog option for the Supox (Only shows up after Alliance at their homeworld) - Kruzenshtern bug #56
- - Fixed the Thraddash SOI disappearing after Ilwrath war when allied
- - Fix crash at Beta Ophiuchi when using custom seed
- - No longer possible to encounter random Ur-Quan ships in the Zoq-Fot-Pik home system, like their dialogs say (Bugzilla Bug #759)
Destroyed Ur-Quan(*) / Kohr-Ah(+) starbases
- + Beta Reticuli (702.0 : 529.1)
- * Metis (570.8 : 460.4)
- * Gamma Cancri (500.6 : 501.1)
- * Alpha Lentilis (462.5 : 600.0)
- + Theta Chamaeleonis (514.5 : 695.8)
- + Antares (647.9 : 754.1)
- - The Syreen will have a Sphere of Influence at the completion of their Vault Quest
- - The Chmmr will have a Sphere of Influence once you help them complete their Process
- - Add a defunct Mother-Ark @ Delta Virginis IV
- - Add a stripped Precursor Starbase at Alpha Centauri
- - Add ruins and lore on Algol IV to match with the lore as told by the Melnorme
- - Add a Spathi erected monument to the peaceful negotiatons of colonization between them and the Mmrnmhrm on Beta Herculis II
- - The Thraddash will survive the Ilwrath war if you are allied with them. And they will let you take the AquaHelix peacefully while they are not at war.
- - New message report for the Earth Starbase when you try to dock
- - Player will no longer "pick up" the base on Luna
- - Emergency Warp Unit activated without needing to visit the Starbase
- - Add a starbase around Kyabetsu that will give the player a max of two Scouts after their quest is completed
- - Give player two extra jets and thrusters so as to not be completely outmatched in speed
- - Make Probes spawn at a reasonable rate so as to not annoy the player
- - When allied, Spathi ships can join your fleet when asked for a max of 3 ships in your fleet.
- - Player starts with 20 more units of fuel
For these examples I will be using the 3DO videos package but this works for any of the content packages. To start, download the 3DO video package on the Downloads page and make note of where you downloaded it.
You will only need to install content separately when not using the Windows installer
uqm-0.7.0-3dovideos.uqm file to your
addons directory. Which by default is
C:\Games\The Ur-Quan Masters MegaMod\content\addons\
After that you can load the MegaMod and opt to use the 3DO videos instead of the PC slides in the settings menu.
Right click on the MegaMod app and select
Show Package Contents
Contents -> Resources -> content -> addons
Move or copy the
uqm-0.7.0-3dovideos.uqm file into the
After that you can load the MegaMod and opt to use the 3DO videos instead of the PC slides in the settings menu.
GNU/Linux (Debian based)
To be honest I don't know of a decent, safe, and streamlined way to do this. How I do it is that after installing
the Debian-MegaMod.deb I load the file explorer with root privileges and force copy the content over to: